valet.com.ua

Truskavets

Today's Truskavets - this is the balneological health resort of world scale. Yearly to leisure and sanitation here arrive about 200 thousand man from all ends of the Ukraine and from abroad. Is located Truskavets in the foothills of the East Carpathians (100 km. to the south from L'vov), in the picturesque beam of creek To Vorotishche, at a height 350-400 m above sea level, surrounded by low humps.
In 2000 Truskavets was acknowledged “cleanest city of the Ukraine”. Clean and rich to oxygen and ozone air, warm, moderately continental climate, ozocerite and unique Mineral'nye Vody - all this creates exceptionally favorable conditions for leisure and sanitations.

History of the origin "Truskavets"

On the basis of archaelogical data possible to assume that the history of Truskavts begins even from Kiev Russia. Even from those times there were the references about Truskavtes as small the settlement of Galitsko-Volyn principality. The word “Truskavets” occurred from the small creek of truskava, which once flowed here. On the basis of other studies, the name “Truskavets” originates from old-Ukrainian name Trushko (Trofim), hence Trushkovichi, and then Truskavets.

There is the assumption that the name “Truskavets” originates from the Lithuanian name salt “druska”, especially if we consider that with this trade the connected names of the adjacent settlements: Old brine, Yasenitsa- is strong, Solets, Solonske, etc.

One additional version of the origin of name “Truskavets” - this is the word “of truskavka” (local residents call "truskavka" the strawberries, which they here reared much). One should recall that to 18 st., when health resort was opened, in the gardens of Europe only small forest wild strawberries was cultivated, and only in 1712 French officer Frez brought from Chile to France wild strawberries with the very large and tasty fruits. Its crossing with the Virgin wild strawberries marked the beginning of cultural types, which in the course of time were extended on entire Europe, including in Truskavets. There are the assumptions that the name of city originates from the type of cherries, of so-called “khrustavok”, or “khropustavok”. And as if village first was called Khrustavets, and later Truskavets.

Toward the end XIV of century the best earth in the environments of Truskavtes belonged to treasury and Polish magnates. Suffering from the land shortage, peasants forced were to be occupied by widely developed at this time salt trade. At that time the truskavets's earth was surrendered to the lease to feudal lords. In 1469 shlyakhtichami with the right of the inheritance of Truskavets estate became brothers Ivan and Stanislav Koritkya. On this there is a reference in the earliest document about Truskavts, which remains in the main archive of old reports in Warsaw. 1471 Ivan Koritko's it sold for 550 10 kopecks the right of the lifelong lease of Truskavts to brothers Gnatovykh with the Tustanovichi and to Andrey from Lyubintsev. The salterns, which then in [Truskavtse] there was several, became the object of lease. And precisely from the outputs of salt the connected history of the development Of Truskavtes.
Thus, 1469-1471 - this is the first written references about Truskavets.

After the first division of Poland 1772 and the occupation of Galitsii by Austria of Truskavets as the former royal estate became state. 1784 Austrian government established government monopoly to the output of salt, and Truskavets's saltern was closed. In 1827, when ended profits from the depths, with the assistance of the drogobich's laboratory control was built the first hydropathic clinic. From this time of Truskavets it is officially considered health resort. Next the reference about Truskavets is dated 1841, where figure the new leaseholders of Truskavtets - Franz Blenk and priest Ignatius Oblochinskiy. Practically everything by that time was leased: saltern, petroleum and ozokerit's mines, were obtained sulfur, lead, zinc ores.

In 1862. is built inhalation room, and in 1906. - the building, designed for leave of 1500 baths during the day. In 1911 the new owner of health resort becomes county Mr. Raymond Jaros. It headed the union, which gave guarantee to successfully lead Truskavets. And from these times begins “europeanization” of Truskavets. The railroad, which provided connection with L'vov, Vienna, Warsaw, was built. Hydropathic clinics are modernized, the newest means of treatment are introduced, new villas are built. The active development of city begins. Truskavets suffices by the best Polish health resort. In 1931 here vein near 3000 persons, and to leisure arrived - to 15000 for year. The following 50 years of Truskavets it was All-Union health resort. In these years are built many sanatoriums, new buvets of mineral waters and new bore-holes “of naftusi”.

Mineral waters od Truskavets

The for the first time medicinal properties of the mineral waters of Truskavets were described in 1578. by royal doctor Wojciech point. 1820 were opened deep underground Mineral'nye Vody in Truskavets region. The first health resort research physician was Anton Mashek. Already then the scientific study of mineral sources and chemical composition of water began. In 1835-1849 by L'vov chemist- pharmacist Theodore Torosevichem produced a study of the mineral sources of health resort. It investigated sources “naphtha”, “edward”, “Ferdinand”, “Maria”, “Sofia”. Were in 1858 opened “Anna” and “Emmanuel”. There are today at the health resort of Truskavets many therapeutic sources. The queen of therapeutic waters is called mineral water “naphtha”. Together with “naphthasow” are assigned other waters: “Maria”, “Sofia”, “to Bronislaw”, “Edward” and “To yuzyu”. With the therapeutic purpose here also uses the salt “Barbara”. Today Truskavets is the greatest in the world balneological health resort, where yearly they assemble to leisure and treatment of almost 200 thousand vacationers from the Ukraine and 15-20 thousand - from other countries.

 

Ukraine
Truskavets city
e-mail: info@valet.com.ua
Leonid Verbovskiy
Design: Valet
 
Embroidery Lenin in Smolny   |   Embroidery Princess Tarakanova   |   Map of site   |   Main page   |   Ðóññêèé